This EyeCodingForum Webinar was on Thursday, January 28, noon central time, fifty-minutes. It is now recorded so you can watch it anytime.
This is an updated version and consolidation of numerous Webinars we have conducted in the past. But it is the first one focused entirely on coding compliance for optometry and ophthalmology. In my 20-plus years of consulting this is the one topic most organizations allow to slip through the cracks–plus it is the most difficult to implement internally because you must be strict with the doctors and there is often pushback.
We will cover:
- Basic concepts of coding compliance with an emphasis on Eyecare issues.
- Specific examples and areas to focus on.
- Office visits
- Diagnostic tests
- Surgical procedures
- Performing a weighted-average analysis of top services
- The audit/train/audit feedback loop.
- The 12 top compliance errors.
- Why baseline training for the staff and providers is necessary.
- The features of a good coding compliance plan.
- A review of an actual coding compliance plan.
- Why implementing good compliance measures will take far less time than you think.
- The concept of risk assessment and how much risk your clinic wants to assume.
- How improving compliance will improve your bottom line.
- And of course your questions.
Each Webinar is $49 or buy a block of 4 for $99; they are included with the Site License (over 44 Webinars and ICD-10 updates for a full year) for only $499. Click here for a list of available Webinars.