This is an intermediate to advanced Webinar and we’ve also included the 50-minute, Scoring MDM for E & M visits Webinar at no additional cost. So it’s a two-for-one and essential for those wishing to optimize their compliance and maximize their revenue. If you’re the best provider in your area and see older, sicker patients, don’t miss this Webinar.
This definition of Medical Necessity is different from the billing version ! The official document explaining Medical Necessity from Medicare is from 2015, therefore this will be new information for most coders, billers, and especially providers. For maximum benefit you should already know:
- How to document, score and report office visits
- How to document and score Medical Decision Making (MDM) for E & M visits.
- The EyeCodingForum Scoring MDM Webinar is included. Please review the recorded video before attending this Webinar.
This 50-minute Webinar will be held at noon, Central Time, April 20. It will be recorded so you can watch anytime as often as you like.
Not understanding Medical Necessity could cause you to either make or lose thousands per year–particularly if you see older, sicker patients. It is especially important to ophthalmologists and retinal doctors. There are very few Webinars on this topic–even fewer good ones. It requires for the coder to have an in-depth knowledge of your speciality disease states and their severity. Medical Necessity creates a huge gray area concerning high level code selection. In this webinar we will cover:
- Medical Decision Making (MDM)
- MDM Scoring System
- Why is Medical Necessity More important than MDM?
- The two definitions of Medical Necessity
- CPT version
- The AMA Perspective
- Medicare Guidelines
- Ways to determine Medical Necessity
- The Problem with Problem Lists
- The concept of Peer Review
- The concept of the 50/50 Rule (of auditing)
- Gray Areas
Click on this link to Order EyeCodingForum Services. This Webinar is $49 or buy a block of 4 for $149; or purchase the Site License (over 40 Webinars plus the next 12 Webinars for a full year) for only $499. All Webinars are recorded so you can watch anytime and as often as you like. They are streaming video.
Jeffrey Restuccio, CPC, COC, MBA