The Ultimate Compendium of Coding, Billing, and Documentation Advice For Ophthalmologists and Optometrists: 2018 Edition
Author: Jeffrey P. Restuccio, CPC, COC, Medical Coding and Billing Consultant
- This manual is included with all EyeCodingForum Site License customers ($598, 50 Webinars plus manual).
- Suitable for any level, beginner to advanced.
- Over 250 pages, Softbound
- $225 updated every year (discounts for multiple and school purchases).
- One-hundred coding, billing and documentation concepts every Eyecare professional “must know.”
- Over a dozen CMS-1500 actual coding examples.
- Tips and advice from over 20 years of teaching coding and billing (as well as over 10,000 chart audits).
- Key topics of focus include: office visits, vision plans, the routine vision exam, comparing and contrasting E & M codes versus the Medicine Section codes (920xx), diagnostic tests, compliance, maximizing revenue, and dozens of real-world tips and “gotchas.”
- Includes 125 test questions to reinforce learning.
- Includes an Index
To Order select the ORDER tab on the EyeCodingForum website and select the manual option.
After ten years of providing coding and billing training to Eyecare professionals, the EyeCodingForum.com is pleased to offer the Ultimate Compendium of Coding, Billing, and Documentation Advice for Ophthalmologists and Optometrists.
I know that’ a mouthful, but for one, it’s not your average coding and billing manual; at over 250 pages, it’s jam-packed with:
- Over 100 key coding, billing, and documentation concepts every coder, biller, and provider must know. This information alone is worth the price of the manual.
- A detailed explanation of how to document and report office visit codes 992xx and 920xx.
- The most common diagnostic and surgical procedures performed in the office.
- Dozens claim-form examples for modifiers, office visits, medical necessity linking, and diagnostic and surgical procedures.
- Hundreds of real-world coding and billing tips and a review of the gray areas rarely discussed by coding and billing experts.
- A focus on how to optimize compliance and maximize revenue; that’s the name of Jeff’s current, live, national seminar (also available online).
The medium income for Optometrists is around $100K per year. Top performers earn much more–as much as $187,000 per year. That difference, $7,260 per month, $1,740 per week requires knowing how to compliantly and accurately report medical services. The top performers have been attending Jeff’s live seminars since 2007. Investing $225 and about 8 hours of your time will save and make you thousands. And that could be per week.
This manual was developed to be used as either stand-alone training or as a complement to over 40-hours of recorded training Webinars on the EyeCodingForum.com website available through our Site License.
Author Jeffrey Restuccio, CPC, COC, a certified coder and recognized as one of the leading coding and billing consultants in Eyecare. Since 2007 he has taught over 350 live seminars, dozens of Webinars, and audited over 10,000 medical records. He has been providing coder certification training for over 20 years.
Click on the link below to download the Table of Contents, sample pages and a 25 question quiz.
Below are the Webinars as originally recorded that I used for the September 23 2017 Nebraska Optometric Association Conference presentation. Since they are individual Webinars, it is not the exact same presentation as on Sep 23, but the content is the same.
Your subscription is good for one year from the date of purchase. Webinars are not downloaded; they are streaming video. You can stop and pause and watch them any time, as often as you wish. This subscription is per clinic up to ten doctors.
- ICD-10 updates for 2018
- Billing Compliance vs Coding Compliance
- Basics of coding, billing, and insurance
- DME-MAC: Billing and Coding for post-cataract glasses
- Everything not in the CPT or ICD-10 manual
- Coding Compliance for Eyecare (Part 2)
- Coding Compliance for Eyecare (Part 1)
- Over 35 key concepts every provider, coder, and biller must know
The order link for this Webinar Bundle is the very last item on the EyeCodingForum Order Form. Click Here to Order.
Jeffrey Restuccio, CPC, COC, MBA
This noon, Central Time, 50-minute Webinar will focus on everything related to Medicare for both optometry and ophthalmology. Click here to order EyeCodingForum Services. It will be recorded so you can view it anytime. It is an update to our July 2014 Webinar. Medicare is your most important insurance carrier. This is a valuable investment of an hour of your time. We will discuss:
- Common diagnostic procedures
- The Basics (LCDs, E & M Guidelines, Incident-To Rules)
- How to work with Medicare
- How Medicare Advantage is different.
- Why Medicare is not just one, single agency (jurisdictions)
- Understand carrier-specific rules
- Office visits (both E & M and 920xx codes)
- Documentation requirements
- How to appeal denied claims
- Improving your ICD-10 coding.
Nationally, about 75 to 85% of Medicare rules and guidelines are the same. However, there are 12 Jurisdictions in the United States and each one has slightly different rules. Our goal will be to provide both a sound foundation and provide new information from all of them and help you get paid correctly, the first time.
The Webinar is $49.00 for one, $149 for purchase a block of 4 or only $499 for access to the entire EyeCodingForum Training Library of over 40 Webinars (Site License). Click here for a list of all available EyeCare Coding and Billing Webinars.
Jeffrey Restuccio, CPC, COC, MBA
One of the very best strategies to increase revenue per patient is add more medical patients and optimize your compliance and maximize your revenue through accurate coding, billing, and documentation.
With a median pay of $176K, Self-Employed Optometrists make much more than the national average ($100K annually) for those in this field.
EyeCodingForum training will help you be in the top ten-percent in terms of revenue, coding, and compliance.
Join us noon CST, July 27 2017 for our early look at the new 2018 ICD-10 code additions, changes, and deletions for optometry and ophthalmology. This Webinar is about 50-minutes. In addition to being recorded (watch anytime) we plan on conducting this same Webinar live in August, September and October. Every Eyecare Office must conduct new code training every year. It includes:
- New ICD-10 codes for 2018 for Eyecare
- Changes to degenerative myopia
- Changes to blindness codes
- Changes to low vision codes
- Other code changes
- Deleted codes
- Revised codes
- Formal ICD-10 coding training
- When two codes are required and not just one.
- Disease specificity
- Exceptions and “Gotchas”
This Webinar is $49 or buy a block of 4 for $149; or purchase the Site License (over 40 Webinars plus the next 12 Webinars for a full year) for only $499. Click on This link to Order EyeCodingForum Services.
Click here for a list of all available EyeCare Coding and Billing Webinars.