What is a Baseline Audit? This is a audit and assessment to determine the current status of your coding, billing, documentation and compliance. If you have never had one, it may be the most important decision this year. It is a review of your Fee Ticket, Progress Note form and all the ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS codes you report. Typically increased revenue is in the thousands and I always find something that would cause significant refunds from a documentation audit.
What do I need?
- Your fee ticket and any coding cheat sheets.
- Up to 25 progress notes with at least one 99214 and one 92014 Exam.
- Top 25 CPT codes and all your ICD-10/ICD-9 codes for 6-12 months.
- Insurance Payor Mix
- Number of visits per month by doctor.
- Up to 12 questions.
- Basic statistics: number of providers; average number of visits; number of coders/billers.
- This is the first step toward implementing a coding compliance plan.
- This review will include up to two one-hour conference calls/webinars.
Most all baseline audits are performed remotely. Just collect the information and contact us for mailing information. Most clinics scan the information and e-mail it.
How long does a baseline audit take? Turnaround can range from a day or two to two weeks depending on our current work load and travel schedule. This is not a complete operational assessment, it is an overview of your coding, billing, documentation and level of compliance. A lot can be learned from the information above. Reports range from one page to six and it helps us with GAP analysis and creating a coding compliance training plan.
Additional charts can be audited for $12 per encounter. Onsite training or consulting is also available. For onsite assessment client pays all travel costs. Call for a specific quote for our onsite day rate.
Most clinics combine this service with the Coding Compliance Plan service, which includes a sample plan specifically for Eyecare.
Contact Jeffrey Restuccio, CPC, COC, MBA if you have any particular turnaround needs.
To Order: We accept MC, Visa, Discover, Amex or PayPal The Baseline Audit option is past mid-way on the Order Form Page