The Coding Compliance Plan service includes a sample plan specifically for Eyecare. A good coding compliance officer can cost a clinic between $75 and $125K per year. Many Eyecare clinics use the Eyecodingforum to keep them compliant for a fraction of that cost. This service includes consulting, a coding compliance plan and recorded training.
The plan is the result of well over forty hours of consulting time. Click here to review a DRAFT copy of the plan. The key to a Coding Compliance Plan is consistency. This Coding Compliance Plan for Ophthalmology/Optometry establishes standards for formats and auditing tools. Most clinics order this as a bundle with the Baseline Audit Service. Combined they offer a complete compliance service that can either be repeated yearly (allow the EyeCodingForum to serve as your compliance officer).
This service includes:
- The sample Coding Compliance Plan
- Two webinars/conference calls with staff/doctors.
- All background documentation.
- A review of the current status of their compliance
- Online recorded training
- Sample exams for providers and staff.
It is recommended the practice performs between 3 to 30 audits per provider. Determine if audits are quarterly, bi-annual or annual. Be sure to document benchmarks, clearly define how to fix any problems and provide and document training for the Providers.
The final and most important component is a follow-up audit in 3, 6 or 12 months and compare and evaluate progress. Sometimes it is best to get an outside or third-party to conduct the coding audit.
The Coding Compliance Plan for Ophthalmology/Optometry includes:
- Lists of ICD-10 codes that can cause problems.
- Lists of specific CPT codes to audit.
- An Evaluation and Management Audit Form An Eye Exam (920xx) Audit Form.
- Specific Eyecare audit elements.